Common Tyler Air Conditioning Problems and Solutions from TDI Air Tyler TX
- Incorrect Operation. It may surprise you to know that some of the most common air conditioning problems are caused by improper use of the unit. Summer is a great time to dust off your A/C user manual and brush up on correct usage techniques. Whenever your air conditioner is on, remember to close all the windows and outside doors in your home.
- Faulty Installation and Maintenance. Other common air conditioning problems are caused by incorrect installation and maintenance of the unit. If your unit was installed by a poor technician, you will probably face problems with the refrigerant charge. At TDI Air, we offer quality installation and maintenance of Tyler air conditioning units. Don’t make the mistake of hiring an amateur whose mistakes could cause you a lot of problems in the long run.
- Drainage Issues. On humid days, your A/C unit’s condensate drain can become clogged. If the unit is having problems, make sure that the condensate drain is working properly.
- Inadequate Care. Even if you have a great technician come service your air conditioner, you can still run into problems if that quality maintenance isn’t done REGULARLY. If left unchecked, an A/C unit’s filters and coils will become dirty, causing poor performance and even premature failure of the compressor or fans.
- Tripped Compressor or Breakers. If your air conditioning unit stops working on a hot day, try turning it off for five minutes. Then check fuses and circuit breakers, resetting any when necessary. Next, test whether or not your compressor has tripped: do this by resetting the unit’s high-pressure limit switch (simply push the button located on the compressor’s access panel).
- Refrigerant Leaks. If your Tyler air conditioning unit is leaking refrigerant, don’t just add more refrigerant. Correct levels of refrigerant are crucial to your A/C unit’s performance, so be sure to have an experienced technician come fix any leaks and adjust refrigerant levels to match manufacturer specifications.
When you have any problems or questions about your Tyler air conditioning unit, call TDI Air. Our experienced professionals can give you all the answers and help that you need to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
tyler air conditioning tyler tx 75601
TDI Air Conditioning
440 North Eastman Road
Tyler, TX 75601